- Air Canada (TSX:AC) has launched a new feature on its mobile app that allows customers travelling in Canada to track the progress of their luggage in real-time
- The tracking feature is intended to provide customers with assurance and improve the customer experience
- Customers can track their baggage and mobility on domestic flights based on the same tag scanning information used by Air Canada employees
- Shares of Air Canada are up 0.170 per cent to C$17.66 as of 10:13 am ET
Air Canada (TSX:AC) customers can now travel with a little bit more ease.
The largest Canadian airline provider announced on Friday that customers can now track their baggage through the Air Canada mobile app in real-time.
The feature is available for domestic flights and is based on the same tag-scanning information used by the airline’s employees.
According to the company, this new feature is intended to provide customers with assurance and improve the overall customer experience.
“At Air Canada, we know that apart from a safe, comfortable journey, the prompt delivery of baggage and mobility aids is a top priority for our customers,” Tom Stevens, vice president of customer experience and operations strategy at Air Canada, said in a statement. “We already achieve a very high-reliability rate, but to further elevate our service we are introducing a new tracking feature in the Air Canada mobile app to give customers real-time information, greater certainty about the movement of their belongings during their trip, and heightened convenience.”
Air Canada said the tracking feature will be expanded to include flights to the United States next year and eventually select international destinations.
Features of the tracking feature include:
- Tracking the progress of checked bags at key points, including check-in, the airport handling process, on the aircraft and through connections and arrivals
- Customers with mobility aids will be able to track the movement of their aid, including confirming, under Air Canada’saccessibility protocols
- The What’s Next feature tells customers the next step for their belongings, including information on where they need to pick up their luggage
- If luggage happens to be delayed, the tracking feature will advise customers of their delayed items and will receive a report with a file number and a link for follow-up
Air Canada provides airline service directly to over 180 airports in Canada, the U.S. and six international continents.
Shares of Air Canada are up 0.170 per cent to C$17.66 as of 10:13 am ET.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.