- Datametrex AI (DM) has been awarded a third milestone payment from Canada’s Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program
- The payment of C$208,800 also greenlights the company’s continuation of its current research and development program
- Datametrex is further developing Nexalogy SMART (Social Media Automated Reporting Technologies) and solutions for fake news and narrative detection
- The program is part of a larger effort to help protect Canada from cyber-attacks, fake news, and other online threats
- Datametrex AI (DM) is up five per cent and is currently trading at 10 cents per share
Datametrex AI (DM) has been awarded a third milestone payment from Canada’s Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program.
The IDEaS program is the brainchild of Canada’s Department of National Defence, which announced it in Canada’s new defence policy. The program aims to support the development of solutions which will solve specific defence and security challenges.
To this end, IDEaS has committed to investing C$1.6 billion in defence and security innovations over the next 20 years. This will allow the program to support development right from the conceptual stage, through to prototype testing and capability development.
IDEaS has paid Datametrex a sum of $208,800, for completing the third part of a multi-phase research and development program. The company is participating in the IDEaS program in order to further develop solutions for cybersecurity and other online threats.
Specifically, Datametrex is advancing its Nexalogy SMART (Social Media Automated Reporting Technologies) solution. The company is also expanding technologies for fake news and narrative detection.
In addition to rewarding completion of the latest component, the payment also greenlights the company’s continuation of its current efforts. Datametrex AI’s CEO, Marshall Gunter, commented on the implications of this milestone payment from the IDEas program.
“Milestone 3 completion greenlights the final phase of development for Nexalogy SMART, and reflects important progress for helping the Government of Canada maintain a technological advantage in the realm of cyber social media security.
“We are happy to have the go-ahead to continue the contract,” he said.
Datametrex AI (DM) is up five per cent and is trading at 10 cents per share at 2:01pm EDT.