- Founders Metals (TSXV:FDR), one of the top-performing stocks of 2023, has intercepted the highest-grade gold at its Antino project in Suriname
- The record assay of 434.98 g/t Au over 1 metre, in addition to other high-grade results apart from the main structure, set an expectant tone leading into 2024 exploration
- Founders Metals is a Canadian exploration company active in North and South America, with a primary focus on gold projects in the Guiana Shield
- Founders Metals stock (TSXV:FDR) has added 258.33 per cent year-over-year, comfortably outperforming the TSX index’s 1.51 per cent return over the period
Founders Metals (TSXV:FDR), one of the top-performing stocks of 2023, has intercepted the highest-grade gold at its Antino project in Suriname.
The drill core assay results contain multiple high-grade gold intervals from further NW into the Froyo-Ginger Connector Zone, including:
- 434.98 g/t Au over 1 metre, the highest-grade gold assay in the property’s history
- Multiple high-grade gold zones in drillhole GG001, including:
- 9 m of 22.84 g/t Au from 125 m down hole
- 6 m of 94.69 g/t Au, including 1 m of 434.98 g/t Au from 152 m down hole
- 6 m of 4.47 g/t Au from 41.1 m down hole
- 6 m of 2.92 g/t Au from 193 m down hole
- Further extension of the ultra high-grade gold zone into the Ginger prospect area
“With gold grades reaching almost 13 ounces per ton, today’s results are a spectacular example of the high-grade gold mineralization at Upper Antino,” Colin Padget, Founders Metals’ president and CEO, said in a statement. “We are also very excited to see additional gold zones away from the main structure, as these potentially represent a much broader mineralized footprint than previously recognized.”
Padget believes the company’s access to rapid assay turnaround times will facilitate consistent news flow for shareholders, which, in combination with recent financing, and more than $7 million of deep-in-the-money warrants, positions the company to meet or exceed 2024 exploration goals, including up to 30,000 m of diamond drilling. The company intends to provide shareholders with a detailed overview of its 2024 exploration strategy in the coming weeks.
Founders’ Metals’ flagship 20,000-ha Antino project has yielded over 500,000 gold ounces to date from artisanal surface/alluvial mining. The company has drilled more than 10,000 m in 2023 with standout results, most recently highlighted by the project’s previous record assay of 231.92 g/t Au over 1 m.
Upper Antino area plan map
Founders Metals is a Canadian exploration company active in North and South America, with a primary focus on gold projects in the Guiana Shield.
Founders Metals stock (TSXV:FDR) last traded at C$1.29 per share. The stock has added 258.33 per cent year-over-year and 158 per cent since inception in 2021. In comparison, the TSX index is up by only 1.51 per cent year-over-year and by 10.3 per cent since Founders became a public company.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.