- Cybersecurity provider, GlobeX Data (CSE:SWIS), has announced the launch of its Synchronized Data Backup and Recovery feature
- The feature will back up any file or folder on a local device into the company’s secure Swiss-hosted cloud infrastructure
- Any changes to the files or folders will also automatically update
- GlobeX anticipates an increase in demand for its DigitalSafe platform, which uses the feature, driven by Switzerland’s unique data privacy laws
- GlobeX Data (SWIS) is currently steady at C$0.12 per share, with a market cap of $6.56 million
Cybersecurity provider, GlobeX Data (CSE:SWIS), has announced the launch of its Synchronized Data Backup and Recovery feature.
The company offers a range of internet privacy products, including the DigitalSafe platform, which uses the Synchronized Data Backup and Recovery feature.
The proprietary feature will back up any file or folder on a local device to its secure Swiss-hosted cloud infrastructure. It uses both anti-malware and anti-virus technology, as well as GlobeX’s VirtualVault encryption capabilities.
In addition, any changes made to the files or folders will be automatically updated, ensuring swift and seamless recovery.
The feature is currently available for Mac Operating Systems, and will be available for Windows OS by 2020’s third quarter.
Alain Ghiai, CEO of GlobeX Data, expressed his excitement in adding the new feature to an already extensive platform.
“Now that we can backup unlimited files and folders and store them safely in our Swiss vaults, we can offer a complete solution to businesses and enterprises that encompasses all their needs and protects their entire data with Swiss privacy laws applied.
“This will increase our appeal dramatically. We look forward to offering this Swiss vault for businesses of all sizes and individual consumers,” he said.
In Switzerland, the right to privacy is established in Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution. In addition, the country’s Data Protection Act (DPA) applies to the processing of personal data by both individuals and federal government agencies.
Unlike data protection laws in other countries, the DPA protects data pertaining to both individual people and legal entities.
With the addition of the Synchronized Data Backup and Recovery feature, GlobeX says it is in a much stronger position to compete against US-based data backup providers.
GlobeX Data (SWIS) is currently steady at C$0.12 per share as of 2:40pm EST.