- Following a program of rock sampling, Gold Lion Resources (CSE:GL) has reported high-grade gold results from its Robber Gulch property in Idaho
- The results showed a two-kilometres strike length of gold grading up to 6.49 grams per tonne of gold
- In addition, geologic mapping identified a region of complex structures that suggests good ground preparation for mineralising fluids
- The company intends to immediately begin a second phase of soil sampling to define targets for a drill program later this year
- Gold Lion Resources (GL) is currently down 6.9 per cent and is trading at C$0.54 per share at 12:00pm EDT
Following a program of rock sampling, Gold Lion Resources (CSE:GL) has reported high-grade gold results from its Robber Gulch property in Idaho.
Located near the town of Burley, the oxide gold property is currently under option from EMX Royalty.
The results of the sampling show a roughly two-kilometre strike length of gold mineralised rock at a grade of up to 6.49 grams per tonne of gold. To date, this represents the highest-grade gold values in rock samples that have been collected at the property.
Such samples were collected along a one-kilometres trend of minimal outcrop exposure that was discovered in a separate program of soil sampling earlier this year.
It’s thought that further outcroppings could be identified within the recently-discovered soil anomaly that may have been overlooked by previous operators.
In addition, a program of geologic mapping at the Robber Gulch property identified a complex structure of folding and faulting to the east of existing drill hole AC-4. These characteristics point to good structural ground preparation for mineralising fluids.
Gold Lion Resources now intends to begin a second phase of soil sampling, focused on extending and infilling a soil grid that was completed earlier this year. This program will identify and define high-priority targets for a drilling campaign later this year.
Oliver Friesen, CEO of Gold Lion Resources, said he is very excited about the high gold values.
“Strong gold values on surface are highly encouraging for a Carlin-type oxide gold system which are typically low-grade and bulk tonnage. The mapping completed continues to show strong similarities to the Penn-Perm geology at Liberty Gold’s Black Pine project.
“We look forward to completing our final phase of soil sampling and mapping in advance of our maiden drill program later this season,” he added.
Gold Lion Resources (GL) is down 6.9 per cent and is trading at C$0.54 per share at 12:00pm EDT.