- Renewable energy company, Greenbriar Capital (TSXV:GRB) is seeking a full listing on the NASDAQ Global Select Market
- The company must meet certain requirements, including a minimum share price, a minimum net asset amount, and all necessary registration
- Meanwhile, Greenbriar is moving ahead with its Montalva solar project in Puerto Rico, which will be the Caribbean’s largest solar facility
- The company is building the project with the help of the China Machinery Engineering Corporation
- Greenbriar Capital (GRB) is up 32.89 per cent and is currently trading at C$3.96 per share
Renewable energy company, Greenbriar Capital (TSXV:GRB) is seeking a full listing on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
In order to qualify, the company must meet certain conditions, including a minimum share price and net asset amount.
To list on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Greenbriar’s share price must be, at least approximately C$5.44 per share. The company must also have, at least, approximately $5.43 million in current net assets.
Finally, Greenbriar requires all necessary registration and exemption filings from the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The company is conducting internal non-deal roadshows via conference call, with its 53,000 investors and followers.
In the meantime, Greenbriar is moving ahead with construction of its Montalva solar project in Puerto Rico. The company is building the project with the help of the China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC).
Once completed, the 160MWdc/80MWac project will be the largest solar facility in the Caribbean. The company is confident that the project will double its current power capabilities in the not-too-distant future.
The project’s solar field will include a sizeable electro-chemical storage facility, enabling round-the-clock dispatch capabilities.
The Montalva project will provide Puerto Rico’s citizens will cheaper, cleaner, and reliable electricity. In some cases, it will replace some of the expensive and dirty oil generation which is currently used.
The project has approval from the PREPA Governing Board, and awaits final approval from the US Federal Oversight Management Board. The US FOMB already considers Montalva to be a critical project that forms part of rebuilding Puerto Rico.
Greenbriar Capital (GRB) is up 32.89 per cent and trading at $3.96 per share at 2:07pm EDT.