- Klondike Gold (TSXV:KG) has begun its exploration program at the Klondike District property, in Yukon
- The company is commencing a nine-hole infill drilling program to test the west side of the site’s Lone Star zone
- Klondike is also bringing in equipment to conduct a stage two exploration of the Stander zone, and the stage three exploration of some of the zone’s extensions
- The company has conducted 1200 soil sample tests at the Lone Star zone, in preparation for the drilling program
- Klondike Gold (KG) is down 1.6 per cent and is trading at C$0.29 per share
Klondike Gold (TSXV:KG) has begun its exploration program at the Klondike District property, in Yukon.
The property stretches for 586 square kilometres near Dawson City in the Yukon.
The diamond drilling program at the site is now up and rolling, with Klondike planning on drilling nine holes across the site.
The drilling will target the Lone Star Zone, the mineralised vein the company already interpreted at the site using magnetic mapping.
The drilling program will infill holes on the westerly side of the Lone Star zone.
The company is also commencing phase two of exploration work on the Stander zone and a phase three program targeting some select Stander zone extensions that run east and west of the zone.
A total of 1210 soil samples have been collected from the eastern side of the Lone Star zone, alongside samples taken from both side of the Stander zone.
The other 10 per cent owner of Klondike Gold’s property, Dulac Mining, has also begun mining activities on the site.
President and CEO of Klondike, Peter Tallman is pleased the exploration program is finally up and running.
“We are excited after five years to transition from district-scale geoscience surveys and exploration documenting gold and structural controls towards detailed testing of spatial and economic parameters of segments within both Lone Star and Stander zones during 2020.”
“Along with our exploration directed at finding new targets and production from our placer lease holder, there is a lot to look forward to in what is shaping up to be a busy season,” he said.
Klondike Gold (KG) is down 1.6 per cent and is trading at C$0.29 per share at 3:14 pm EDT.