- MacDonald Mines Exploration (BMK) has launched a summer 2020 exploration program at its SPJ property in southern Ontario
- The company intends to drill a total of 14,000 metres to further define the geometry of the property’s Scadding Deposit
- A number of holes will target a series of folds and hinge zones that host recently identified gold mineralisation
- Groundwork, geophysics and other drilling will also be carried out at other regional targets on the property
- MacDonald Mines Exploration (BMK) is currently up 4.35 per cent and is trading at C$0.12 per share
MacDonald Mines Exploration (BMK) has launched a summer 2020 exploration program at its SPJ property in southern Ontario.
Located 20 kilometres east of Sudbury, the 18,340-hectare SPJ gold project hosts the past-producing Scadding Gold Mine, which previously generated 914 kilograms of gold from 127,000 tonnes of material grading 7.2 grams per tonne of gold.
Drilling has restarted at the property with an initial 2,000 metre portion of a larger 14,000 metre program, which will focus on further defining the geometry of the Scadding Deposit with its recently identified zones and extensions.
A number of holes will target a series of folds and hinge zones that have recently been found to host high-grade gold mineralisation.
In addition to the drilling work, MacDonald Mines will also carry out geophysical work at several other targets on the property, including a high-resolution induce polarisation survey targeting the surrounding areas of the Scadding Mine.
Once this survey has been completed, the company is anticipating the addition of a second drill rig, which will follow up on favourable secondary targets.
Quentin Yarie, President and CEO of MacDonald Mines Exploration, said he is excited to begin the systematic, district-scale exploration program.
“For 2020, we will continue to build on our newly interpreted structural model utilising modern exploration techniques. We plan to refine and prioritise drilling targets of the high-grade hinge and fold zones at Scadding and expand the model over several new targets on our 18,340 hectares land package.
“With an aggressive and fully funded program for 2020 and 2021, we look forward to providing consistent news flow to our shareholders throughout the year,” he added.
MacDonald Mines Exploration (BMK) is currently up 4.35 per cent and is trading at C$0.12 per share at 11:39am EDT.