- Monument Mining (MMY) begins mining high grade sulphide ore at its Selinsing Gold Mine in Malaysia
- Pre-stripping activities at the Buffalo Reef area began in July 2022
- The mining team has now recently discovered significant areas of sulphide ores
- The company also said the Buffalo reet has a monthly mining rate at 450 kilo bank cubic meters (kBCM) and is expected to increase to 500 kBCM
- Shares of Monument Mining currently sit unchanged at C$0.10 on Monday
Monument Mining (TSXV:MMY) has begun mining high grade sulphide ore at its Selinsing Gold Mine in Malaysia.
In a press release, Monument Mining CEO Cathy Zhai said the company’s mining team began pre-stripping activities at the Buffalo Reef area in July of last year.
Zhai added the team has now recently discovered other areas of sulphide ores.
“These higher-grade fresh ore zones will provide ample feed to enable the new processing plant to reach full production capacity in the coming weeks, and will allow the revenue stream from concentrate sales to commence which represents a new milestone in Monument Mining gold production in Malaysia,” Zhai said.
Other highlights include:
- New mining fleet mobilized for next stage of mining at Buffalo Reef
- Commenced mining high-grade sulphide ores for commercial gold concentrate production
- Monthly mining rate at 450 kilo bank cubic meters (kBCM) and is expected to increase to 500 kBCM
The company said the focus of the mining operation will be to meet the maximum capacity of the process plant which is 80 kt per month and maintain the run of mine stockpile of 3 months of production or 240 kt sulphide ore.
Shares of Monument Mining (MMY) currently sit unchanged at C$0.10 on Monday.