- Nevada Copper (NCU) has resumed milling operations at its Pumpkin Hollow underground project in Nevada, USA
- Production resumed on August 20, following a temporary suspension brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic
- There are currently 160,000 tonnes of stockpiled material at the surface of the project available for immediate processing
- This material will be supplemented with development ore from the East North Ventilation Shaft
- Nevada Copper (NCU) is currently steady and is trading at C$0.13 per share
Nevada Copper (NCU) has resumed milling operations at its Pumpkin Hollow underground project in Nevada, USA.
Located southeast of Yerington in Lyon County, the wholly owned project was previously mined in an open pit operation by Anaconda Copper from 1953 to 1978, producing two billion pounds of copper at an average grade of 0.6 per cent.
Nevada Copper’s activities at Pumpkin Hollow were suspended on April 6 as a result of government-mandated restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. While the suspension was only due to last roughly six weeks, production resumed on August 20 with the implementation of additional health and safety procedures.
There are currently 160,000 tonnes of stockpiled material at the surface of the project, which is available for immediate processing. This will be supplemented with additional development ore from the East North Ventilation Shaft (ENVS).
The ENVS will continue to provide ore for processing until ongoing work at the Main Shaft is completed, which Nevada Copper anticipates to occur in the fourth quarter of this year.
Evan Spencer, CEO of Nevada Copper, said he is encouraged by the resumption of processing at the Pumpkin Hollow mine, which has benefited from very consistent performance earlier this year before the operational suspension was imposed.
“Our full workforce has been mobilised and we have transitioned our operations back into production smoothly, picking up where we left off in the first quarter.
“We look forward to executing our ramp-up plans and will report on progress in the coming months,” he added.
Nevada Copper (NCU) is currently steady at C$0.13 per share, as of 10:37am EDT.