- NexTech AR Solutions (NTAR) has begun its expansion into the Asia-Pacific market, after establishing its presence in Singapore
- The company has hired technology industry veteran Yau Boon Lim to be President and Managing Director of NexTech’s Asia-Pacific branch
- Based in Singapore, Yau Boon Lim will seek to establish NexTech’s presence in the Asia-Pacific, through strategic channel partnerships
- The company plans to focus initially on south-east Asian countries, including South Korea, Japan, and China
- NexTech AR Solutions (NTAR) is up 3.17 per cent and is currently trading for C$7.48 per share
NexTech AR Solutions (NTAR) has begun its expansion into the Asia-Pacific market, after establishing its presence in Singapore.
As part of the company’s first steps into a new market, NexTech has hired a technology industry veteran to head up its Asia-Pacific Branch. Yau Boon Lim has over 25 years’ experience within the market and has held various leadership roles at global enterprise technology companies.
During his career, he led marketing management at IBM, was Head of Strategy and Planning at Motorola, and was Vice President of Marketing for the Asia-Pacific market at SAP. As President and Managing Director of NexTech’s new division, Yau Boon Lim will seek to establish the company’s presence in the Asia-Pacific, from his base in Singapore.
This will be achieved through strategic channel partnerships, which the company has already begun to establish. Such partnerships will help NexTech to strategically expand within high-growth industries throughout the Asia-Pacific market, such as meetings and conferences, education, and e-commerce.
The company plans to focus initially on Southeast Asian countries, including South Korea, Japan, and China. NexTech will create specialty application and language packs for each of these countries, which will be accessible within the company’s InfernoAR technology.
NexTech AR’s CEO, Evan Gappelberg, expressed confidence that the company will drive serious revenue through the Asia-Pacific market opportunity.
“Over the next couple of months, we will be expanding our team, our capabilities, and our presence within this fast-growing technology driven and bustling market.
“This is a major milestone for NexTech, marking our continued commitment for global growth as we continue to rapidly expand our solutions globally.
“With this expansion, the sun will never set for NexTech, and the stage is now set for continued hyper-growth in 2021 and beyond,” he said.
NexTech AR Solutions (NTAR) is up 3.17 per cent and is trading for C$7.48 per share at 10:19am EST.