- Silver Sands’ (SAND) phase one exploration program and budget for the Virginia project, has been approved by its exploration partner
- Virginia is a joint venture between Silver Sands and Mirasol Resources (MRZ) for a project in the Patagonia region of Argentina
- The initial program will consist of 2,570 metres of drilling work, 1500 metres of trenching and 40 line kilometres of induced polarisation surveys
- The company is testing a host of veins across the property, which currently has an indicated mineral resource of early 12 million silver ounces
- Silver Sands (SAND) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.44 per share
Silver Sands’ (SAND) phase one exploration program and budget for the Virginia project, has been approved by its exploration partner.
The company is currently developing the project with its joint venture partner, the TSXV-listed Mirasol Resources (MRZ).
The initial program will contain both a diamond drilling component and an excavator trenching program supported by Induced Polarisation surveys. The initial program will consist of 2,570 metres of total drilling work sinking holes into 6 veins.
Drilling will target the Ely, Central, Martina, Margarita, Naty, West, Roxanne and Magi veins. These veins, along with other untested veins, were one of the key features that attracted Silver Sands to the Virginia project.
Previous drilling work on Magi returned results of 37.97 grams per tonne of silver over 5.4 metres and 40.73 grams per tonne silver over 16.7 metres.
Trenching work will entail 1,500 metres of excavating, targeting 12 veins the company has identified on the project. Further, an induced polarisation mapping program will cover 40 kilometres of grid work targeting eight of the veins.
The trenching work will follow up on a 2016 exploration program conducted on Virginia’s southern exploration area. The Margarita vein, which lies within this southern extension has previously returned a whopping 1,723.3 gram per tonne silver result.
The initial indicated mineral resource for the property developed for the property in 2012 was an impressive 11.9 million ounces of silver at 310 grams per tonne silver.
Keith Anderson, the President and CEO of Silver Sands said he was eager to advance the Virginia project with Mirasol as the operator of the project.
“Phase One will test a number of high quality under-explored vein targets and drill known targets with the goal of increasing the resources and continuity.
“With full anticipation of exploration success, we look forward to providing a steady flow of catalysts to our shareholders in the coming months,” he said.
Silver Sands (SAND) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.44 per share at 1:30 pm EDT.