- SKRR Exploration (TSXV:SKRR) has launched a phase one exploration program at the Olson Gold Project in northern Saskatchewan
- This initial phase will define and prioritise targets in preparation for a phase two drill program later in the year
- Despite previous activities, the property is considered to be significantly under-explored
- Under an agreement with Eagle Plains Resources, SKRR Exploration has the option to acquire up to a 75 per cent interest in the property
- SKRR Exploration (SKRR) is holding steady at C$0.31 per share
SKRR Exploration (TSXV:SKRR) has launched a phase one exploration program at the Olson Gold Project in northern Saskatchewan.
Located 100 kilometres east of La Ronge, the project hosts regionally-sheared, highly-strained meta-volcanic rocks which are considered to be prospective for orogenic gold mineralisation.
The Olson Gold Project covers 29 mineral claims identified through previous geological mapping, prospecting, trenching and 4,700 metres of diamond drilling.
Some of these historical results include 2.07 grams per tonne of gold over 7.5 metres and 13 grams per tonne of gold over 0.65 metres. However, despite this previous work, the property is considered to be significantly under-explored.
The initial phase of the exploration program has been designed to identify and prioritise key targets for a phase two drill program later this year.
Saskatoon-based Discovery Geophysics has been contracted to undertake a 10.3 line-kilometres resistivity and induced polarisation survey at the Jena-Juba and Point-Tuscan targets.
These preliminary results will be available in time for a follow-up assessment in phase one of the program.
Additional geological field work is expected to include prospecting and mapping, infill soil geochemical sampling and channel sampling of trenches.
Ross McElroy, Chairman and Chief Geologist at SKRR Exploration, said the commencement of exploration at the Olson Gold Project represents a major milestone for the company as its first-ever work program.
“With an exceptional partner in Eagle Plains, we are poised to take advantage of this mineral-rich strategic property, located in the heart of Saskatchewan’s gold district.
“In a short period of time, SKRR has built an impressive portfolio of five projects, under-explored for precious metals and located in this highly ranked mining jurisdiction,” he said.
Under an agreement with Eagle Plains Resources, SKRR Exploration has an option to acquire up to a 75 per cent interest in the Olson Gold Project.
SKRR Exploration (SKRR) is currently steady at C$0.31 per share at 11:41am EDT.