- Spearmint Resources (SPMT) has successfully completed a Phase Two exploration program at its Hammernose Gold Project in British Columbia
- The company contracted Rio Minerals to undertake geological mapping and sampling
- Samples from the program have been sent to ActLabs in Kamloops, with results expected in four to eight weeks
- Separately, the company noted that it is continuing to advance its lithium plans in Nevada, USA
- Spearmint Resources (SPMT) is currently unchanged and is trading at C$0.075 per share
Spearmint Resources (SPMT) has successfully completed a Phase Two exploration program at its Hammernose Gold Project in British Columbia.
Located in the Spences Bridge Gold Belt, the project covers 8,685 acres and directly borders Westhaven Gold’s Shovelnose property.
In early October 2018, Westhaven released significant drill results from the Shovelnose property, including 1.65 metres at 175 grams per tonne gold and 249 grams per tonne of silver.
Pursuant to the second phase of work, Spearmint contracted Rio Minerals to undertake sampling at all of the creeks that span the Hammernose Project’s three tenures. Rio Minerals also carried out geological mapping and sampling across all outcrops and other areas of interest.
These samples have now been sent to ActLabs in Kamloops, with the results expected in the next four to eight weeks.
James Nelson, President of Spearmint Resources, said he is pleased to have successfully completed Phase Two work at the Hammernose Project, which will help to define the highest priority drill targets.
“As we await those results, the company is well funded to aggressively move forward on multiple other projects that include starting a drill program on our Clayton Valley lithium project, in addition to starting work on our Perron-East gold project in the vicinity of Amex Exploration.
“Gold prices have recently made all-time highs and most commodities are continuing their uptrends. The weeks ahead are expected to be the most active the company has experienced to date,” he added.
Spearmint Resources (SPMT) is currently unchanged and is trading at C$0.075 per share at 11:58am EDT.