- Entertainment company, Fandom Sports Media (CSE:FDM) has initiated its China partnership outreach program, prior to a new platform launch
- The company’s esports platform aims to be compatible with various operating systems in the gaming sector
- Users will be able to earn Fancoins by watching ads, making predictions about esports games, and betting against other users
- Of the two billion people worldwide who are aware of esports, China contributes over 530 million to this growing audience
- Fandom Sports Media (FDM) is down 4.62 per cent and is currently trading for C$0.31 per share
Entertainment company, Fandom Sports Media (CSE:FDM) has initiated its China partnership outreach program, prior to its platform launch.
The company’s esports platform is agnostic, meaning that it is compatible with various types of platforms and operating systems. As such, it does not compete with esports games, but aims to complement them instead.
Users will be able to engage with other like-minded esports fans, as they play and discuss games. In addition, they can earn Fancoins by watching ads, making predictions about specific games, and betting against other users.
While two billion people worldwide are aware of esports, China currently contributes the most to this number. The Chinese market includes approximately 530.4 million esports-aware people, making it ripe for potential partnerships.
Fandom Sports’ Chairman, Philip Chen, commented on the company’s overseas endeavour.
“The opportunity for Fandom’s esports platform in the Chinese market offers unparalleled scale and opportunity. We started our outreach program ahead of the esports platform launch for strategic and priority positioning.
“Over the past two decades, I have built strong relationships with a number of pre-eminent companies with multibillion-dollar gaming focused operations in China. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to introduce a truly unique company like Fandom Sports to this dynamic marketplace.
“Watching skilful gamesmanship in esports is fun, but the fun is amplified when you’re playing and betting with other likeminded users on the Fandom platform,” he said.
Fandom Sports Media (FDM) is down 4.62 per cent and is currently trading for C$0.31 per share at 10:53am EDT.